You will be responsible to instill a culture of ‘operational excellence’, whereby people act towards more effectiveness and efficiency.
As part of a team of Process Improvement Managers, you define and implement the right approach for process optimizations, reducing waste, for both operational and administrative processes.
You lead cross-functional reviews of selected processes with the objective to make them less complex, more effective and more efficient. Therefore, you need to think end-to-end, engaging with colleagues throughout the organization, both from a functional and an hierarchical point of view.
You will be based in our production site in Hoboken, Antwerp.
If our recycling know-how can contribute to the circular economy, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO!
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. They reduce harmful emissions, power the vehicles and technologies of the future, and give new life to used metals. Their sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils the mission: materials for a better life.
About Precious Metals Refining (PMR)
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Linked to the strategic objective of Operational Excellence, you will review, describe and implement solutions to optimize both operational- and administrative processes and to eliminate waste.
Working cross-functional, involving different levels in the hierarchy, coordinating between different solution providers and instill a culture of ‘operational excellence’, whereby people act towards more effectiveness and efficiency is key.
- You are part of a team of Process Improvement Managers. Together, you define and implement the right approach for process optimizations, reducing waste, for both operational- as administrative processes. You develop a network and ensure these approaches are being adopted by the rest of the organization by training, management by example, etc.
- You lead cross-functional reviews of both operational- and administrative processes with the objective to make them less complex, more effective and more efficient. Therefore, you need to think end-to-end, engaging with colleagues throughout the organization, both from a functional and an hierarchical point of view.
- You define solutions to make selected processes more robust and efficient. You prioritize actions according to impact and effort, aligned with the strategic objectives of the BU: Safety, Environment, People and Operational Excellence. You build a coherent roadmap and monitor progression against agreed milestones and targets.
- You ensure a coordinated implementation through early involvement of different solution providers (BIT, automation, administration,…). You ensure people’s buy-in to facilitate a smooth implementation (change management).
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Working experience in an industrial environment, ideally in an operational or coaching role
- Familiar with CI/OE methodology (eg. Lean, VSM, 5S, etc.). A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher is a plus
- Project Management experience
- Keen interest in digitization and automation
- Analytical mind, good with numbers
- Problem-solver with strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, can work independently
- Strong communication skills and good influencer
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (advanced knowledge of Excel) and working knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in Dutch, good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If you'd like to put in your application for this function, please follow the link below: